Okay, I got a DL 360 to play with, has two Broadcom cards and the installer loads tg3.ko as the drivers, and it says links is up at 100 Half.
Okay, but later fails to get a dhcp response from the network.
And, throws you back at:
When you hit enter, still asking it to get response from dhcp, it cannot even find the device(?):
Now if you assign IP addresses manually and hit enter, it will not still get onto the network:
Now I pop in a floppy (vfat) with a ks.cfg which has static IP details in it, and boot the box with linux ks=floppy argument...
Look what happens, it cannot even read the floppy.
Updated (03.01.2005) :
I've submitted this as bug 149682 on Feb 24 to bugzilla. Here is the link.
A few things, mostly technical notes...
Thursday, February 24, 2005
- September (1)
- June (1)
- May (1)
- April (8)
- March (3)
- How RAM is used in Linux
- RHEL ES 4.0 release 1 -- miseries while kickstarti...
- Auto-finding your hard drives for Linux Kickstart
- How to read Malayalam newspapers using FireFox
- How to turn on rsh and rlogin on RedHat Enterprise...
- Addressing IDN Spoofing on Firefox...
- Debug flags for sendmail
- Debugging check_rcpt (Anti-Relay)
- Project Work
- Sendmail 8.11.x without DNS...
- About kernel.sysrq
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.