Mount Everest has always been a challenge to many.
In 1996, Andy Harris, a climber, stayed on the peak of Mount Everest longer than others. Later, on his way down, he ran out of oxygen and stumbled upon canisters abandoned by others. He radioed the base alerting that he was running low of Oxygen, and that the canisters he found were empty.
The base camp knew that the canisters were not empty and pleaded with him to use them. He argued back that they were indeed empty. He had become delusional by the lack of oxygen, and to him the canisters of oxygen appeared to be useless.
Sad irony, he died of the lack of oxygen, while his rescue was right in his hand.
His body has not yet been recovered.
Comes to mind a few lines by Kabir:
'And, as "Kasturi" lodged in navel of deer
He seeks it in grass here and there.
Without knowledge of self all else is false'
In life too, the things we search for, are right before us, but we decline to discern them. Let it be love, comfort or peace of mind. We are so hallucinated that we fail to recognise the blessings and abundance right before our eyes. And the resulting search might eventually deprive us of the very same thing we were looking for. I wish I remain content with what I got. For me, there is another phase to it: I wish I knew what am I restlessly looking for.
Hopefully, one day I will realise...
A few things, mostly technical notes...
- Tsunami wipes out rare tribe in Andaman Islands??
- Research suggests Linux has fewer flaws
- The first beer.
- iPod crash protection patent published
- Former dpy Prime Minister won't testify against S...
- Starved to death, he roasted and ate a 2-yr-old
- Cardinal slams 'billions' spent on Iraq war
- It's not a painting..
- From the tourists across the globe...
- Democracy, Indian Ishtyle (Style)..
- 10 cm/4 in Cockroaches found...
- Sonar kills the whales?
- Express Train collides with elephant herd, killed ...
- Merry Christmas..!!
- Or watch the paint dry..
- Man plays same videogame every night for 2 hours f...
- Tribute to my systems....
- Victim dials 911 with her tongue..!!
- Marine's family beg's Yahoo! for his e-mail
- World's smallest baby
- Sad Irony
- Links for Desi Audio
- mdadm lies on RHEL 2.1?
- Net Bandwidth monitor for Linux
- Spot the similarities....
- Indian Minister Caught Peeing in Public...!!
- Garden State Hate in the 1920s.
- Delhi "Sex" Scandal and the CEO of Bazee.com, the ...
- How to force a Linux box to panic...
- More about Samsung X105...
- More samsung x105 codes
- ▼ December (31)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.